Lallemand – MUNICH Classic Wheat Ale Yeast
LalBrew® Munich Classic is a Bavarian wheat beer strain that can easily express the spicy and estery aroma profile typical to German wheat beer styles. This strain is simple to use over a wide range of recipe variations and fermentation conditions, making it a great choice for a number of traditional styles of wheat beer. A true top cropping yeast, LalBrew® Munich Classic yeast can be skimmed off the top of classic open fermentation vessels in the traditional manner. Styles brewed with LalBrew® Munich Classic include but are not limited to Weizen/Weissbier, Dunkelweizen and Weizenbock.
* Classified as Saccharomyces cerevisiae.
* A top fermenting yeast.
* The typical analysis of Munich Classic active dry yeast:
Percent solids 93%-95%
Living yeast cells 5 x 109 per gram of dry yeast
Wild yeast < 1 per 106 yeast cells Bacteria < 1 per 106 yeast cells
* * Finished product is released to the market only after passing a rigorous series of tests.
*According to ASBC and EBC methods of analysis.
• Quick start and vigorous fermentation, which can be completed in 4 days above 17°C. • Medium to high attenuation.
• Fermentation rate, fermentation time and degree of attenuation are dependent upon inoculation density, yeast handling, fermentation temperature and nutritional quality of the wort.
• Munich Classic is a non flocculent strain. In classic open fermentation vessels, the yeast can be skimmed off the top. Some settling can be promoted by cooling and use of fining agents and isinglass.
• Aroma and flavor have balanced fruity esters and spicy phenol notes. Does not display malodours when properly handled. Munich Classic yeast has found widespread use in the production of Hefeweizen, Dunkelweizen and wheat wine.
• Munich Classic yeast is best used at traditional ale temperatures after rehydration in the recommended manner.