Fermentis Safcider AS-2 SWEETNESS & COMPLEXITY Cider Yeast
TO BRING SWEETNESS & COMPLEXITY TO YOUR CIDER
Safcider AS-2 ensures a very good assimilation of fructose and excellent for low gravity ciders.
Ingredients: Yeast (Saccharomyces bayanus*), emulsifier : sorbitan monostearate (E491)
SAFCIDER AS-2 SENSORY PROFILE
Fresh aromatic profile (apple, citrus) with nice elaborated fruit notes (applesauce) bringing a good overall complexity. Sweet and round mouthfeel.
Please note that those observations are based on French cider recipe trials.
Dosage / Temperature
- 10 to 20 g/hl for first fermentation
- Broad fermentation temperature spectrum: 10-30°C (50-86°F).
SafCider AS-2 Use
For all types of sweet and dry ciders from fresh or concentrated apple juices.
Suitable for difficult fermentation conditions and mixes with sugar syrups.
- Easy to use.
- Pouring the yeast on the surface at least 10 times their weight of must.
- Possibly directly on the top of the tank or during tank filling after clarification.
- Gently stir to avoid or break clumps.
- Immediately transfer into the tank via a pumping over with aeration (or homogenize tank volume).
With prior rehydration:
CHARACTERISTICS and SPECIFICATIONS:
- Very good settlement strength even with its sensitive to killer phenotype
- Regular to fast kinetic
- Broad fermentation temperature spectrum: 10-30°C (50-86°F)
- Low nitrogen requirements: Ratio YAN**(mg/L)/Sugar(g/L) >0.7
- Good assimilation of fructose
- Maximum initial SO2 level recommended: 100mg/L and low production of acetaldehyde and SO2
- Medium malic acid consumption (up to 0.9g/L)
- Medium 2-phenylethanol and ester producer. Good balance between acetate (amylic) and ethyl (fruity) esters
For more info: Fermentis SafCider AS-2
Another choice: Fermentis SafCider AB-1 Balanced Cider Yeast
The high rate of dry matter of our yeasts assures an optimum storage in its original packaging at a temperature not higher than 20°C (68°F) (during 3 years) and 10°C (50°F) for an extended storage (4 years).
48 months from production date. Refer to best before end date printed on the sachet. Opened sachets must be sealed and stored at 4°C (39°F) and used within 7 days of opening. Do not use soft or damaged sachets.
Each Fermentis yeast is developed under a specific production scheme and benefits from the know-how of the Lesaffre group, world leader in yeast manufacturing. This guarantees the highest microbiological purity and maximum fermentation activity.